We are currently seeking a Sales Applications Engineer who is passionate, competitive and driven to join our young, energetic, growing team. The ideal candidate we’re looking for should possess a blend of technical expertise and customer facing sales skills and acumen.
The Sales Applications Engineer position is responsible for providing lighting specification, design and layout as well as advanced technical assistance to our customers, working with our regional sales managers and our independent representative agencies, servicing lighting and electrical architects, engineers, contractors, and distributors across the US.
Position is located in Albany, NY, relocation provided.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide OEM and Specification sales and support (pre-sale and post-sale)
- Prepare Lighting, system, and controls designs
- Provide Level 2 tech support
- Visit OEMs and engineering firms as needed
- Collaborate with engineering to tailor products
- Support the regional sales manager and our agency’s sales teams as necessary for large scale projects
- Work with area specifiers, engineers, and key end-users to provide lighting and system design and lighting layout
- Capture and report on any Voice of Customer information gathered from the field
- Represent the Company at tradeshows, conferences and other related sales and customer functions
- Participate in all weekly Sales and Marketing staff meetings
- Must consistently support and exhibit the company’s core values and mission
- Must have engineering AND sales skills
- Must acquire and maintain product, industry, and end-market expertise
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% or as necessary
- Must have at minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in the electrical/lighting industry in a field sales or applications engineering capacity
- Industrial lighting experience a bonus
- Advanced presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Experience using Visual™ lighting software would be a plus
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in G-Suite, Salesforce, MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Interested? Please submit resume to email@example.com.