We’re Hiring! We Are Currently Looking to Fill the Following Positions:
Director of Product
The Director of Product will join G&G’s leadership team and lead the organization’s product management and marketing functions. The Director will work collaboratively to guide the direction G&G takes its products and markets; and develop key long-term strategies for driving growth. This includes analyzing and assessing the right markets to target, the right products to bring to market, new product features and what G&G can do to innovate and disrupt their target markets. The Director is also responsible for developing and executing the marketing plan and ensuring alignment with overall product and marketing strategies.
Product & Market Strategy (Long-Term), Market Development, Leadership & Team G&G, Marketing Strategy & Execution, Product Management
• Create long-run market and product plans in alignment with the company vision
• Create and own the product roadmap and maintain alignment with leadership
• Research and recommend expansion of the company’s core competencies
• Create and utilize a framework to identify and evaluate new markets and products
• Develop thorough business cases that measure the potential of new markets, opportunities and risks
• Strong contributing leader on the executive leadership team
• Collaborate with executive leadership to drive the organizations long-term missions and goals; identify ways to support this mission through product and marketing strategy and execution
• Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
• Responsible for voice of customer and product feedback through customer interaction
• Execute cross functional product launches
• Analyze existing product trends including sales, volume and margin and implement any necessary action plans
• Collaborate with sales and executive leadership to create marketing strategy and tactics aligned with the market and product roadmaps
• Lead and direct the marketing execution team including providing sales support for product features & benefits
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field required; Master of Business Administration desirable
• Minimum of 5 years of product management, marketing and strategy experience with exposure to assessing, developing and launching new market and products and analyzing performance on existing products
• Experience in the lighting industry or similar tangible industrial product focused experience
• Desire to be a part of a hardworking, collaborative, fun and values-driven team
• Proven change agent and a strong strategic thinker
• Experience in obtaining the voice of the customer and interpreting customer needs and market trends
• Resourceful and able to find creative solutions, thinking beyond current systems and approaches
• Proven track record of clear communications with senior leadership and across cross-functional teams
• Data-driven methodology for decision making using KPIs and metrics
• Ability to effectively lead and motivate teams across a variety of functional roles
If you are interested in G&G’s Director of Product position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Thank you!
Outside Regional Sales Representative: Industrial Channel (Remote)
Do you have a strong prospecting sales background and enjoy relationship building in the industrial
channel? Do you get excited about solving customers’ problems and coming up with solutions that fully
meet their needs? This is your opportunity to join the sales team for the fastest growing manufacturing
company in New York State. This is an opportunity to grow with us from the ground floor.
This exciting role will report to the National Rep Sales Manager and will be responsible for our outside
sales to the Industrial Channel including Reps, Distributors, and OEMs.
This remote role will be responsible for hunting new business, building relationships, presenting and
training on products and company value proposition. The territory for this new position will encompass
approximately half the country prospecting for and managing new and existing industrial customers and
will require extensive travel.
• Prospecting for new customers regionally to grow G&G’s Industrial customer base and keep “top
of mind” for G&G as their go to lighting specialist for harsh environments.
• Expand our customer base through prospecting, account qualification and implementation of new
methods and techniques to ensure continued sales growth.
• May be assigned some key potential growth customers and leads generated from our Marketing
• Extensive traveling is required for meetings with key customers and prospects, conferences and
tradeshows and other related sales and customer functions.
• Cultivate strong business relationships within the target market, identifying sales and product
• Keep track of customer feedback (in CRM) and develop strategies to improve the overall customer
• Provide input to sales and engineering teams from customer input as needed.
• Collaborate with inside sales and quoting team to manage and maintain exceptional customer
• Participate in weekly sales team meetings and capture the Voice of Customer.
• Develop thorough product knowledge and applications of our products.
• Accurately convey the key differentiating features of our product and service that separates us
from the competition.
• Become a Product Expert
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a proven, self-directed, technical sales professional who
loves the hunt, is a relentless prospector and is competitive with a strong customer focus. This person
will bring an innovative outlook and be driven by results. If you love to learn and resolve customers’
problems and find solutions that exceed customer expectations, this is the job for you!
What It Will Take to Succeed:
• Alignment with our core values: Positive Attitude, Does the Right Thing, Always Learning, Gets It Done, and Detail Oriented
• Love of prospecting and the hunt, and relationship building
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or relevant field (preferred)
• 3+ years of outside sales experience, previous experience in the Lighting industry preferred; or other similar industrial product experience a plus
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time regionally (live accessible to a large airport)
• Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and organization skills
• Strong computer skills, experience working with a CRM system
• Superior professional presence and business acumen; excellent skills in communication, presentations, and negotiation
• Strong execution, follow-up, and problem-solving skills.
• Quick learner with ambitious work ethic with a passion to succeed in the lighting industry
If you are interested in G&G’s Regional Sales Manager position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you!
Engineering Lab Technician
The Engineering Lab Technician role is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of the G&G engineering team. The team member will report to the Vice President of Engineering and will be responsible for planning and executing all engineering lab activities, to include all lab testing activities, along with the root cause analysis of product field failures. Working closely with our engineering team, this engineer will collaborate to develop and execute test plans that align the overall goals of the department and organization. The candidates hands-on experience will be leveraged to further enhance our testing and failure analysis expertise. They will also be expected to assist with managing and planning the testing equipment needs of the department for current and future projects.
As a part of our small, tight-knit team, the candidate will be exposed to all aspects of the product life cycle from product conceptualization to long term field reliability. This role demands a strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical test methods, strong attention to detail, and a history of working in a hands-on, problem solving, environment.
Team G&G: Serve as an active contributor to the G&G engineering team.
• Actively participate in team activities
• Pursue personal and professional development
• Foster a positive working environment in alignment with company core values
Product Reliability & Testing: Plan and execute testing activities that ensure products comply with project requirements
• Use knowledge of engineering to develop appropriate reliability test plans for all
• Document test results through the recording of data and generation of detailed test
• Communicate insights gained from testing as feedback to the engineering team to help improve the design process
Root Cause Analysis: Serve as the champion of the internal field return analysis process with responsibility for product teardown, root cause determination, and the documentation of findings
• Perform tear down on returned products to determine root cause of failure
• Maintain accurate records of returns and the findings associated with them
• Raise observed issues to the Reliability Team in weekly team meetings
• Generate reports to communicate the current state of our product reliability to the
• Maintain the product tear down area and equipment in an organized manner
• Support visits to customer sites to audit field reliability (1 trip per quarter typically)
Lab/Equipment/Test Management: Serve as the manager of the engineering lab facilities with responsibility for maintaining and improving the organizations testing capabilities through equipment and processes.
• Ensure that all lab equipment is maintained in good working order with appropriate
calibrations as required
• Assist in the planning of test schedules based on equipment availability
• Research and recommend equipment that will allow the organization to to fulfill its
• Develop and build lab testing equipment if required
• Create and maintain a catalog of testing methods with detailed process steps to ensure consistency across testing events
• Serve to continuously improve the engineering lab spaces to be more efficient and well organized
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced engineering technician with a background in electromechanical systems testing and an entrepreneurial mindset. They will bring an innovative outlook and be driven by collaborating with the team to execute the organizations testing regimens. The successful candidate will be a skilled technician, an outstanding team player, and a strong critical thinker.
What It Will Take to Succeed:
• A collaborative, team-focused mindset – working closely with the engineering team and carrying themselves in a manner consistent with our company culture.
• Alignment with our core values: Positive Attitude, Does the Right Thing, Always Learning, Gets It Done, and Detail Oriented.
• Strong, proven product testing experience and a drive to solve unique challenges.
• The ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on engineering environment.
• Proven success in an product testing environment
• 3+ years experience in a product testing or validation role
• Associates degree in engineering or engineering technology
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical concepts with hands-on experience
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
If you are interested in G&G’s Engineering Lab Technician position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Thank you!
Assembly / Production Associate
We are currently seeking a Production Assembly Associate to join our team. We are looking for a candidate that enjoys working with their hands, excels in the details, and has an upbeat, positive attitude.
• Assemble LED fixtures in accordance with current manufacturing practices
• Plan and coordinate work to meet production and schedule requirements
• Maintain clean and organized production equipment and work areas
• Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications
• Interpret and build from work instructions and engineering drawings
• Work on both team and individual tasks
• Maintain inventory of certain job materials
• Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
Skills & Preferred Qualifications:
• 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing or production role
• Electrical / electronic experience is a plus
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong hands on and mechanical aptitude
• Positive, team oriented attitude
• Experience working in an ISO or Quality Management System is a plus
If you are interested in G&G’s Assembly / Production Associate position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you!