We’re Hiring! We Are Currently Looking to Fill the Following Positions:
Director of Manufacturing Operations
The Director of Manufacturing Operations will join G&G’s leadership team and lead the organization’s manufacturing operations providing manufacturing expertise and operations vision for the company. This includes leading all manufacturing processes and quality improvement initiatives as well as optimizing supply chain and procurement.
Manufacturing Operations Leadership, Leadership & Team G&G, Supply Chain/Procurement, Manufacturing Process and Vendor Quality, ISO initiatives.
- Provide overall leadership to the operations team
- Collaborate with executive leadership to drive the organization’s long-term missions and goals
- Identify ways to support this mission through manufacturing operations initiatives
- Lead, manage and hold the operations accountable for achieving agree-upon commitments.
- Recruit, develop, and support operations leaders and operations team members.
- Develop operational metrics and hold the operations team accountable
- Act as the operations culture champion cascading organization’s core values and strong operational qualities (safety, lean, continuous improvement)
- Lead and drive Toyota Supply Support Center (TSSC) lean transformation throughout operations as the company champion
- Lead the identification and implementation of tools and technology to improve efficiency and support growth.
- Ensures a healthy and safe work environment, and compliance with federal and state regulations, through collaboration with environmental, health and safety agencies.
- Works with Finance to develop and lead the Operations budget
- Plans and manages the physical plant layout to optimize efficiency.
- Oversees the maintenance and management of plant equipment purchases
- Oversees and manages the supply chain and procurement team
- Strengthens and builds upon key vendor relationships
- Collaborate with sales team to strategically forecast inventory needs and develop long-term supply chain strategies.
- Create initiatives to minimize inventory levels as a key component of the lean transformation
- Lead the development and implementation of high-quality manufacturing systems and processes and guide continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead ISO compliance, recertification initiatives
- Develop processes that ensure consistent and high vendor quality
- Strong contributing leader on the executive leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field required, Master of Business Administration desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Director of Operations (or similar) in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading a manufacturing company through high growth
- Experience as a lead decision maker in the implementation of manufacturing processes
- Strong overall operational understanding in a manufacturing environment
- Lean or Toyota Production Systems experience preferred
- Strong analytical, innovative, and critical thinking skills
- Desire to be a part of a hardworking, collaborative, fun and values-driven team
- Proven track record of clear communications with senior leadership and across cross-functional teams
- Data-driven methodology for decision making using KPIs and metrics
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate teams across a variety of functional roles
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style, open to feedback and considering new ideas and approaches
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
If you are interested in G&G’s Director of Product position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you!
Engineering Lab Technician
The Engineering Lab Technician role is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of the G&G engineering team. The team member will report to the Vice President of Engineering and will be responsible for planning and executing all engineering lab activities, to include all lab testing activities, along with the root cause analysis of product field failures. Working closely with our engineering team, this engineer will collaborate to develop and execute test plans that align the overall goals of the department and organization. The candidates hands-on experience will be leveraged to further enhance our testing and failure analysis expertise. They will also be expected to assist with managing and planning the testing equipment needs of the department for current and future projects.
As a part of our small, tight-knit team, the candidate will be exposed to all aspects of the product life cycle from product conceptualization to long term field reliability. This role demands a strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical test methods, strong attention to detail, and a history of working in a hands-on, problem solving, environment.
Team G&G: Serve as an active contributor to the G&G engineering team.
• Actively participate in team activities
• Pursue personal and professional development
• Foster a positive working environment in alignment with company core values
Product Reliability & Testing: Plan and execute testing activities that ensure products comply with project requirements
• Use knowledge of engineering to develop appropriate reliability test plans for all
• Document test results through the recording of data and generation of detailed test
• Communicate insights gained from testing as feedback to the engineering team to help improve the design process
Root Cause Analysis: Serve as the champion of the internal field return analysis process with responsibility for product teardown, root cause determination, and the documentation of findings
• Perform tear down on returned products to determine root cause of failure
• Maintain accurate records of returns and the findings associated with them
• Raise observed issues to the Reliability Team in weekly team meetings
• Generate reports to communicate the current state of our product reliability to the
• Maintain the product tear down area and equipment in an organized manner
• Support visits to customer sites to audit field reliability (1 trip per quarter typically)
Lab/Equipment/Test Management: Serve as the manager of the engineering lab facilities with responsibility for maintaining and improving the organizations testing capabilities through equipment and processes.
• Ensure that all lab equipment is maintained in good working order with appropriate
calibrations as required
• Assist in the planning of test schedules based on equipment availability
• Research and recommend equipment that will allow the organization to to fulfill its
• Develop and build lab testing equipment if required
• Create and maintain a catalog of testing methods with detailed process steps to ensure consistency across testing events
• Serve to continuously improve the engineering lab spaces to be more efficient and well organized
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced engineering technician with a background in electromechanical systems testing and an entrepreneurial mindset. They will bring an innovative outlook and be driven by collaborating with the team to execute the organizations testing regimens. The successful candidate will be a skilled technician, an outstanding team player, and a strong critical thinker.
What It Will Take to Succeed:
• A collaborative, team-focused mindset – working closely with the engineering team and carrying themselves in a manner consistent with our company culture.
• Alignment with our core values: Positive Attitude, Does the Right Thing, Always Learning, Gets It Done, and Detail Oriented.
• Strong, proven product testing experience and a drive to solve unique challenges.
• The ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on engineering environment.
• Proven success in an product testing environment
• 3+ years experience in a product testing or validation role
• Associates degree in engineering or engineering technology
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical concepts with hands-on experience
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
If you are interested in G&G’s Engineering Lab Technician position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Thank you!
Assembly / Production Associate
We are currently seeking a Production Assembly Associate to join our team. We are looking for a candidate that enjoys working with their hands, excels in the details, and has an upbeat, positive attitude.
• Assemble LED fixtures in accordance with current manufacturing practices
• Plan and coordinate work to meet production and schedule requirements
• Maintain clean and organized production equipment and work areas
• Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications
• Interpret and build from work instructions and engineering drawings
• Work on both team and individual tasks
• Maintain inventory of certain job materials
• Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
Skills & Preferred Qualifications:
• 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing or production role
• Electrical / electronic experience is a plus
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong hands on and mechanical aptitude
• Positive, team oriented attitude
• Experience working in an ISO or Quality Management System is a plus
If you are interested in G&G’s Assembly / Production Associate position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you!